EzHost365 announced today it has deployed the SpamExperts Incoming Mail Filter to on all shared hosting accounts, automatically providing customers with enterprise-grade spam protection at no additional charge to them.
The hardware-based solution offers one of the industry’s most robust protections against spam, relying on public and internal anti-spam data sources to provide optimal protection. The Incoming Email Security Firewall combines more than 50 different filtering mechanisms that are continuously updated and configured to assure spam filtering is accurate and effective.
“For many of our customers, spam email creates more than just a nuisance—it also causes significant losses in productivity and can expose end users to a myriad of security threats, ranging from viruses to sophisticated phishing attacks. Unfortunately, the problem is not getting better, as many industry leaders had hoped”. “By investing in this enterprise-grade, next-generation anti-spam technology for all of our shared hosting customers, we can deliver a tangible value-add that separates us from our competitors.”
According to SpamExperts, filtering is divided into two stages. Stage 1, the SMTP-stage, analyses the behaviour and reputation of the sending server. Around 95% of all spam can already be detected at this stage. In stage 2, the content-stage, the actual content of the message is checked and the remaining 5% of spam messages are detected. Together, a spam-score probability is calculated and based on this customizable score, messages will be accepted, rejected, or quarantined.
The first of many new features to hit our client area is the instant power control and bandwidth graphs for dedicated server clients. These can be found by clicking “My Products & Services” then on your dedicated server.
There’s nothing more frustrating than your server locking up and kicking you out of an SSH session. Now if disaster strikes you can hit the reboot button and your box will be hard rebooted. We’ve also included a few bandwidth graphs to show you transfer from the last day, week and month – ideal for keeping an eye on your bandwidth allowances.
SolusVM have now released a basic iPhone app to Manage, Boot, Reboot, Shutdown and see the current Live Status of your virtual server.
Full details can be viewed here: http://www.isolusvm.com and can be downloaded free of charge from the app store.
When entering the API details ensure the control panel address is entered into the “Hostname” section rather than your server IP address.
With effect from Thursday 01 July 2010 we will be changing our business name to:
Ez Host 365
We feel this better reflects our business and how we serve our customers.
This will affect all websites owned and managed by us.
All contracts will be transferred to Ez Host 365 on Thursday 01 July 2010.
We’re pleased to announce that our VPS servers now come complete with snapshot backups.
This new feature allows any VPS user to click ‘Central Backups’ within their VPS control panel and take a snapshot of their server. This will then be transferred off-site and kept indefinitely, the server can also be restored from this backup within seconds with the click of a button.
The complete server is backed up including all files, databases, configuration settings and any applications installed on the server. This is ideal for taking a quick backup before performing a software upgrade or new installation incase the work doesn’t go as planned.
We allow each server to keep one snapshot by default, if a second is generated it would simply overwrite the first. However if you would like the option to keep more backups on our central server, please contact us.
A number of clients have asked if we have ever considered installing Softaculous instead of Installatron. We’ve been testing Softaculous on our development servers to see if it’s worth deploying and we’re pleased to announce it has now been installed on all shared and reseller servers!
This has been discussed and we have decided we will not be removing Installatron and both will run side-by-side, however we won’t be creating our WHMCS auto-installer for Installatron, this will now be handled by Softaculous.
Softaculous is an auto installer for cPanel and DirectAdmin. Unlike other auto installers Softaculous is much faster, well designed and it installs all scripts in just ONE STEP. The creators of Softaculous are constantly adding new scripts to their installer, at the time of writing this post there are currently 136 scripts that can be automatically installed.
Softaculous also handles software updates and can import existing installs. To view a list of scripts that can be automatically installed and updated, click here. To access simply click the ‘Softaculous Installer’ button within cPanel.